Skip to main content

Acceptance is key.

We fight for inclusion, acceptance, change, why? Because people are afraid of different, different is beautiful, amazing , wonderful and sometimes challenging. It all starts with YOU, you teaching  your child at a young age that everyone is equally beautiful. To include others that are different in activities your doing, being patient as others that are different learn to do what comes easy to you. 
Everyone is different and everyone is differently able and capable of doing things that others can’t but that doesn’t mean to exclude them from the things that you’re doing. For someone who is different they feel included when you take your time to be patient as they learn. Encourage them to join in on the actives your doing. Being kind as they may not know what your doing.  
Sometimes i feel like there is a picture of this perfect child that doctors make you imagine. Your child should do this at this age and this at that age and anything slightly off that age is considered “delayed”. But lets be honest, who doesn’t struggle at certain things, i know i can’t do the splits can you? Does that mean that i am delayed? 
All kids are capable of wonderful things give them the chance to show you what they are capable of, DONT LIMIT THEM. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How we found out Myah would most likely have Down Syndrome

When we were 12 weeks pregnant we had an ultrasound done. The doctor came in and also gave me an ultrasound which i found weird because doctors don't normally do ultrasounds. Once he was finished he said that baby showed some markers of having Down Syndrome and that i should get tested for it. We had already decided prior to this day that we did not want any testing done we would love our baby regardless. Well we were scared so we agreed to have a blood test done. I got a phone call about a week later from a nurse who worked at the hospital. She informed me that my blood test came back that my baby had a 100% chance of having Down Syndrome. I was so confused, how could just a simple blood test tell you this. The nurse had asked me four times, yes four times if i wanted to terminate my pregnancy. Of course i said no. She asked me if i wanted to get an amniocentesis done i said no but that we would need to talk about it. We opted out on having the amniocentesis done because of the m

Our crazy weekends

Angelica and i both work on the weekends so it gets pretty hard. Our day starts off with waking up around 7:30-8:30 am we brush our teeth and Myahs teeth and head to the living room. I turn on our projector and put on either YouTube learning videos or of course her favorite movie Moana. Myah watches tv while i make coffee and breakfast. After breakfast I usually get Myah dressed for the day. We just relax until its time for me to go into work. At 11am i try to see if Myah is interested in nursing and if she is i will nurse her. Around 11:15am i start to  get my lunch packed and get myself dressed to go into work, I work from noon until 8pm.  Before i leave for work i try to put Myah down for her first nap. We don't put Myah in daycare so I'm either with her or Angelica is, we work around each others work schedule to make it happen. Myah will wake up from her nap after about an hour to an hour and a half. Angelica will feed her lunch and clean her up and put in the living ro

Sweetie pie organics review

Since I had successfully breastfed my first daughter when I got pregnant with our second daughter I knew I wanted to breastfeed without a doubt. Little did I know that this journey would be different than my first.  With our first daughter she was in the nicu and had latching issues, for the first two months of her life I pumped around the clock. I was up every three hours even though the night. With me being dedicated like I was I grew to have a have an over supply which was great but also very hard to control. At two months she finally latched onto the breast but because of my over supply I have a very fast let down which would cause more issues with her feeding. After having her lip and tongue clipped she was able to be fully breastfed on the breast at four months old and she went on to nurse until she was two and a half years old.  My second latched on right away and nursed like a champ. In the beginning I was up pumping as much as I could because I was afraid of getting clogs as I